Friday, July 5, 2013

Xin Yu Yuan Bintulu


View Xin Yu Yuan in a larger map

Xin Yu Yuan is a Chinese restaurant located at ParkCity. It has a small air conditioned room although most people would prefer sitting outside in the open air. They serve a variety of local Chinese dishes which you should ask for a menu as from past experiences the person taking order does not know anything unless it's a Chinese guy taking your order.

To be honest, there are a lot of great places for Chinese dishes in Bintulu and this place might be off my radar most of the time as I would not call it bad but just nothing memorable or anything to write home about. However this place does have two particular stalls setup just outside it's door that might interest people. One is selling western food and another which I always came for is the grilled fish.

They have a big cooler with a selection of fish but I find that most of the time they are only left with Tilapia. However I was lucky that the time I wrote this they had "black and white".

Grilled on a hot metal plate which is season or covered with sambal and served with their spicy sauce and also comes with lemons for that mixture of spicy sourly taste . Made me drool just thinking of it. However I find that they also skimp on the sambal, should have covered the whole fish with more of it as that is the main taste of the fish.



Grilled Fish - RM25



No comments:

Post a Comment