Sunday, November 17, 2013

ZenQ Bintulu - Blackforest Danish Toast

ZenQ Dessert Bintulu has recently added a new toast series to their dessert menu which seems quite popular judging from all the hype being posted on Facebook. So I decided to give a go and chosen the Blackforest Danish Toast which they also have Chocolate Banana Honey Toast and Strawberry Lover Honey Toast.

The wait was pretty long around 10 minutes despite we were the only table waiting for our desserts to be served which I can't imagine on a busy day. The toast came in a big plate with fork and knife but because the table surface was pretty smooth, I had a hard time trying to cut through it.

Blackforest Danish Toast sure looks dark
Top with chocolate ice cream, grapes, kiwis and a layer of peanut butter on top of a toast, it was somewhat puzzling to say the least to even consider it creative. The taste if you would imagine is like getting an ice cream bun from those bicycle ice cream vendor for a price of RM2.00 but instead you are paying RM16.90 for it. The mix of peanut spread with chocolate ice cream was not really my preference, it felt there is just too many different things going on with the toast and halfway through it I stopped as I was feeling pretty dreadful like when you load up too much fat and sugar in a filling.

Maybe I did not know what I was expecting but overall in my opinion it could have been good other than ice cream on toast with bombardment of different taste on it.

Blackforest Danish Toast - RM16.90

No comments:

Post a Comment