Monday, March 17, 2014

Kulai Lou Pan Organic Beancurd

Kulai Lou Pan Organic Beancurd has been around in Bintulu lately and I had the opportunity to taste it. In chinese we call it  豆腐花 or dou fu hua which is sort of dessert with silky smooth bean curd bath in sweet syrup.

Although there has been the old veteran Jumbo Beancurd in Bintulu for quite some time but Kulai Lou Pan has been the talk lately due to its founder's Seow Sunny antic which I would say is doing him more good than harm. There has also been some edited photos of China new station reporting Kulai Lou Pan containing preservatives which was debunked by Seow Sunny himself.



I would say the taste is surprisingly refreshing compare to the normal beancurd I had, imagine having a bowl of caramel which is silky, smooth and melts in your mouth. The taste is soy and doesn't contain too much sweet syrup in it.

Overall it was enjoyable but I don't foresee myself eating these everyday and it comes with the price of RM4.50 which I found a bit steep for just a small portion of beancurd.


No comments:

Post a Comment