Friday, May 24, 2013

JD's Fine Food Bintulu


View JD's Fine Food Bintulu in a larger map

JD's Fine Food or formerly known as Mr Ho's Fine Food was always the spot that I hesitated to go because of mixed review I get from people. Apart from that there is a bar outside of the restaurant which I presume is going to get pretty noisy which I dislike when I enjoy my meal. However my assumption was pretty much blow out of window and I absolutely love the place, the dim quiet atmosphere is amazing with the no nonsense music or television blasting at the back. A perfect spot for a romantic dinner with the missus or even hangout with friends at the bar outside.


Their menu is non halal with specialty of serving pork chops, roasted pork knuckle, sausages, burgers and a variety of other western meals with desserts like banana fritter and bread and butter pudding but my last three visits they weren't serving any roasted food which was disappointing. One of my complain is that they never had any fresh juice, I mean come on its not that hard to put a few oranges into a blender instead their only fresh juice is lemon juice. They do have a lot of wine and alcohols to go with the meal.

The place is always buzzing with Japanese but you will always find a table. I ordered as written on the menu Braised Lamb Shank (Malaysia) which presume the lamb is from Malaysia?While the missus ordered the Roasted Pork Chop with Apple Sauce with no avail so instead the Pork Chop & Bratwurst  Although we were the only table waiting for our food but the food came relatively late but 20 minutes late wouldn't warrant me to throw any tantrum considering lamb shank needed time to prepared.

The Pork Chop & Bratwurst came first with 4 slices of pork chop and a bratwurst. I love the big juicy bratwurst which brings back memory of those I had in UK, the pork chop was equally meaty good with balanced tenderness served with mashed potato. Too meaty if I am being honest that it concerns me that anyone chowing down this plate is going have their cholesterol shoot off the chart.


Pork Chop & Bratwurst

The braised lamb shank served with mashed potato on the side looks amazingly appetizing which a lot of restaurant just slap a big piece of dull looking meat on the plate. The meat just fell off the bone as expected which I was happy after my bad experience at Absolute Kitchen incident. The sauce has a curry smell to it and was spicy but I love it.


Braised Lamb Shank (Malaysia)

Overall an enjoyable experience with good food to boast, definitely coming back to tried out their burger next time.

Braised Lamb Shank (Malaysia) - RM32.90
Pork Chop & Bratwurst - RM25.90
Lemon Juice - RM7.90
Dimah Tea - RM6.50





No comments:

Post a Comment