Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sunflower Cafe Bintulu


View Larger Map

Sunflower is located at Parkcity Bintulu. I have never been drawn to this place because on first impression it's really dark. The whole place is painted in black and they seem to be on earth hour every single night plus I don't know what kind of food they are serving until last night.

The service was pretty good with the waiter came out with the menu after we were seated which is a plus because I hate waiting for menu and if a menu took a bazillion century to reach, I can imagine the sun to come up chicken crowing before the food came.

The food they serve are from both western and local ranging from steaks, burgers, fried rice, lalapan to some side dish snacks. Although it is considered HALAL but they couldn't get the status because they are serving alcohol. The environment is a vibrant relaxing dark place where you could have a cold beer enjoying movies shown from a projector onto the wall albeit a little small. They should really not be showing bootleg movies in the public though.

I ordered the Zig Zag Burger which I asked the waiter what it was and to his reply "it's a large chicken meat inside the burger". Well at least he didn't told me it's a meat sandwiched between two buns. The burger came out pretty fast with pale fries on the side which tasted pale in comparison to anything I had before. It's just not been deep fried properly into golden crisp. The burger was even more puzzling as I couldn't find anything to justify it's funky name. It's a small burger with oily buns and a fried chicken paddy in the middle. I just don't get why the buns was so oily and the meat didn't do justice which tasted like fried tasteless chicken.

My partner in crime ordered Thailand fried rice, which came out in a big plate. It smells like pineapple dip in curry powder and it tasted like rice fried with chilly, super spicy rice that taste like chewing a piece of paper. My partner in crime's remark was "feel like vomiting".

At least the saving grace was the Ribena and Watermelon juice which the beverage department did not failed. Overall I would still come back to give it another chance but till then there are other places worth a taste.

Zig Zag Burger - RM8.00
Thai Fried Rice - RM4.00
Watermelon Juice - RM3.50
Ribena - RM2.50



No comments:

Post a Comment